Gary Hayes takes a look at AOL Pointe’s Second Life build and comes up with 13 tips for brands coming in-world. Go read the whole thing.
From the post:
- Don’t Become Virtual Just Because You Can
- Make Joining Simple, Accessible and Branded
- Once In World – Hold Their Hand, With Your Brand
- Design Multiple Levels of Navigation
- Decide Early On Your USP
- Make sure the Environment has Synergy with the Brand
- Be Sensitive to The World – Playful, Deliver Expectation and Have Depth
- Make the Experience as Personal as Possible
- If You Are Going to Provide Content Give Enough Choice
- Make Inworld Advertising as Integrated as Possible
- Be There In Person, Communicate and Learn
- Have as Much Content as Possible Inworld and Not on Weblinks
- Give the Environment Identity Make Social Activity Easy
Update: Nic over at Kzero points out that 13 is a very unlucky number. To save us all he has boiled this issue down to just 7 points! Way to go Nic! He is up to number 5 on Kzero – go check them out.