Adweek reports that Bud.tv is making some changes.
“Among the changes Bud.TV plans to implement are:
- Putting its content—tagged with Bud.TV—on more popular sites like YouTube, AOL and Yahoo to gain awareness and encourage people to check out more on Bud.TV.
- Reducing Webisodes to mostly one minute from the previous 5-6 minutes.
- Changing content providers to come up with edgier programming and playing a larger role in deciding on the type of content it thinks will work.
- Making Bud.TV an aggregator of Web content it deems its beer consumers would enjoy and building a social networking element to the site.
- In the marketing arena, converting some traditional media and sports sponsorships to mention Bud.TV; working with wholesalers to create Bud.TV point-of-sale materials that can be put up at retail and at bars to help create awareness; and placing Bud.TV ads on the sites of sporting events sponsored by Budweiser, like Nascar races, NBA games and AVP Tour matches.”